Poster Board Information
View PDF instructions here.
Students can contact ECE Help Desk for all requests for poster printing.
- Andrew will reply via email to setup an appointment for printing. The printing hours are 8:00AM – 12:00 PM & 1:00 PM - 3:30 PM. Each poster (size 30” x 40” standard) takes 20-30 minutes to finish printing. The student needs to remain with the job as it prints. If the poster does not print satisfactorily, we MAY arrange for me to print it without the student being present. At the very least, each student must meet with me to review the final art before it goes to the printer.
- Students should allow as much time as possible, since only one poster is printed at a time and usually only 2 per hour. In a given day, there are unlikely to be more than 10-12 posters produced. Please Plan Ahead.
Other Important Info
- Last appointment of the day is at 3:30pm
- Not open on the weekend
- 24 hours advance notice is best when making an appointment.
- Normal poster size is 30” x 40”. Larger posters can be accommodated in some instances, however the maximum length of the shortest side is 40”. (So, 40” x 60” would work, 43” x 60” would not.)
- The preferred file type is a PDF already sized to print. PowerPoint files are acceptable, but it can cause problems if any unusual typefaces, etc, are used. If you need any other file type, contact Andrew with questions. The best way to bring the file is on a keychain sized flash drive, but other arrangements can be made if necessary
- All posters will have at least 1/4” of white border around their art. A paper cutter is not available at the printer's office.
- All mounting is to be done by the students and no mounting materials are supplied. Recommended thickness for posters is on 3/8” FoamCore board which can be bought at any craft shop like Hobby Lobby or Michael’s.
- A cardboard tube is helpful for transporting the poster once it is printed to keep it from wrinkling, tearing, etc. but it is not necessary.
- Have a backup plan if something goes wrong with the printer.
- Any other issues, please email Andrew Carr.